What is panchang?
Panchang is a calculated calendar used to check auspicious time in a particular day which are based on the five elements. Panchang can be broken down into "paanch" + "ang", which means “Five” + “parts”.
These five elements are:
1. "Thithi" which means the date, it gives wealth.
2. "Nakshatra" which means the star on that day, it removes the sins
3. "Karana" which means half part of the tithi, it gives success in deeds
4. "Yoga" which means fortune, it cures the diseases
5. "Vaar" which means the day of the week, it enhances the longevity
So the one who does his karma by knowing all the above will have divine blessings.